- New Jersey Baby Shower! I had a beautiful shower surrounded by our family and friends.
- I had the perfect dress to show off the girls/baby bump. I wouldn’t wear anything that tight in real life, but there’s just a freedom that comes with pregnancy, I guess.
- We introduced my Midwestern family to my New Jersey home! They approve. It was so sweet having my and Scott’s family together. Jersey pizza combined with our midwestern tradition of family dice games? Priceless.
The Jersey pride shall be strong with these two. I approve because it came with a tutu!
My Aunt Barb made these teddy bears!
The architects of the day – friends that are actually more like family.
Still so grateful at the friend-family I married into when I married Scott.
Family from far and wide.
My mom, a happy grandma-to-be!
Week 32 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- Got myself down to the beach. Aaaand left after 10 minutes. Opted for food and ice cream over strong winds and an aching back sitting in the sand.
- Went clothes shopping for my girls! I just wanted to buy them some clothes too, even though they’ve been so blessed! Prince approved.
- I can’t do much these days. I’m slow. I waddle. I have to stop for “exhaustion attacks.” I grab Scott’s arm until my heart stops racing and I have the breath/energy to go on.
- Scott went to Chicago. For a bachelor party. It didn’t seem like a big deal when we decided he could go, back in January. But I am huge now. And we have great reports on the girls, but lets be real. I could go any minute!
- My mom spent the weekend with me, washing baby things, helping me run errands and eating Five Guys with me. And we found the cutest stuffed animals we hope become the girls’ comfort items. My favorite stuffed animal, Puff Puff, wasn’t retired until I got married – I’m not even ashamed. So I’m hoping that Ellie and GiGi do the trick for my girls!
- First legit experience with Baby Brain. I straight up missed a doctor’s appointment, left the sunroof open in the rain and forgot an entire (important) conversation with Scott.
- Got three baby bellies together. My friends, Lauren and Jessie, are both pregnant right now and are both due (with one baby each) in October. Try not to compare our bellies too hard.
Life-long friends, starting the next chapter of life together. Obviously.
- I feel like I’m on display wherever I go. I do my best to not make eye contact with anyone. Note to all human beings: the only appropriate things to say to pregnant women: “You look wonderful!” “Can I open that door for you/pick up that item on the floor for you?” “Want a cookie?”
- I’m glad I did ballet because the only way to get anything located below my hips is doing a grand plié.
- Recently heard the line “Pregnancy is like a time bomb of responsibility” and it perfectly describes my life and state of mind.
- I can’t WAIT to dress up my little girls!!
- Craving: ice cold lemonade or peach iced tea and burgers
They will be here SO SOON! Any words of wisdom are appreciated 🙂
Life has been a roller coaster over the past 6 months (2-3 years really). Blogging has slowed way down but I really want to document my pregnancy and this joyful part of our lives. And I want to share with family/friend/anyone that cares to read this! So here is my recap of roughly the first half of my pregnancy with my precious twin babies.
- My pants still zipped.
- We hadn’t told ANYONE yet.
- I had started to feel twinges of nausea and pregnancy symptoms. But I felt pretty good overall. I was counting my lucky stars for no morning sickness.
- No real cravings, other than FOOD. I kept saying, “I haven’t done anything to warrant being this hungry.” Scott always gave me a look and said, “You’re growing two humans.” It just didn’t feel real yet.
- Frank Beamer’s last home game. Won in overtime against North Carolina. Go Hokies!
- Last Christmas before we become a family of four!
- I used a hair tie to hold my pants up (but was anxious to try my newly purchased belly band and Target maternity jeans).
- Had told both of our families and close friends.
- Got 3 high fives per touchdown (one for me, one per baby) during the VT bowl game on 12/26.
- Exclusively used the “Virginia Tech Mom” and “Virginia Tech Dad” mugs during our stay at my parents house.
- Got nauseous if I didn’t eat basically once an hour.
- Felt like I was hungover every morning (this was the extent of my morning sickness – not nausea but tired/dehydrated/hungry).
- Scott’s 31st Birthday! Celebrated with friends, old and new from near and far.
- Hosted a New Years Eve gathering. I prepared by fighting with Scott because I was cranky from a week-long headache (no Advil for pregnant women!?) followed by crying in Scott’s lap because I was so happy. Scott prepared by hanging out (hiding) in the basement and riding the hormonal waves of his wife.
- My 30th Birthday!
- I squeezed myself into the pretty tulle skirt I bought pre-pregnancy.
- Still felt hungover every morning.
- The Bump had popped!
- Scott and I saw our babies looking like babies (not beans) for the first time at our 12 week ultrasound appointment on my actual birthday. After a broken ultrasound machine and a rush to the hospital, we got to watch our babies move and kick onscreen for a good 45 minutes! One was nicknamed “The Kicker” aka The Scott Twin. The other was much more laid back, aka The Rebecca Twin. Yes, I am laid back in this equation.
- We officially passed into the “safe” zone and made the big announcement to the world (Instagram and Facebook).
- Officially out of the first trimester.
- Started to feel less hungover each morning.
- Everybody knew and it was so fun to talk about it.
Fifteen – Sixteen Weeks
- Life started to feel ‘normal’ again.
- I often commented that I hadn’t realized how bad I felt during the first trimester until now – I felt so much better than I had for the past 3+ months. But I still think I got it easy overall.
- Forget to do official pictures with the good camera, but I snapped a little something weekly for mom.
- Craving=chocolate cake.
- Feeling good!
- Went on 2 mile hike with Scott. Get shell-shocked at the difference in my 16 week picture and this one. I believe I said, “Why didn’t anyone tell me!?”
- Took advantage of the unseasonal warm weather (and my new pink Hunter boots) at the beach.
- Was getting seriously anxious to start setting up the nursery, but had to wait until we found out what we were having!!
- At this point, I haven’t worn pants that zip in months. Elastic is my friend and there are usually at least 3 layers of clothing over the belly at any given time.
- Prince has to make accommodations for the new shape of my lap.
- Still craving = chocolate cake.
So there you have it- the first half of my pregnancy! Back with more soon!