- New Jersey Baby Shower! I had a beautiful shower surrounded by our family and friends.
- I had the perfect dress to show off the girls/baby bump. I wouldn’t wear anything that tight in real life, but there’s just a freedom that comes with pregnancy, I guess.
- We introduced my Midwestern family to my New Jersey home! They approve. It was so sweet having my and Scott’s family together. Jersey pizza combined with our midwestern tradition of family dice games? Priceless.
The Jersey pride shall be strong with these two. I approve because it came with a tutu!
My Aunt Barb made these teddy bears!
The architects of the day – friends that are actually more like family.
Still so grateful at the friend-family I married into when I married Scott.
Family from far and wide.
My mom, a happy grandma-to-be!
Week 32 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- Got myself down to the beach. Aaaand left after 10 minutes. Opted for food and ice cream over strong winds and an aching back sitting in the sand.
- Went clothes shopping for my girls! I just wanted to buy them some clothes too, even though they’ve been so blessed! Prince approved.
- I can’t do much these days. I’m slow. I waddle. I have to stop for “exhaustion attacks.” I grab Scott’s arm until my heart stops racing and I have the breath/energy to go on.
- Scott went to Chicago. For a bachelor party. It didn’t seem like a big deal when we decided he could go, back in January. But I am huge now. And we have great reports on the girls, but lets be real. I could go any minute!
- My mom spent the weekend with me, washing baby things, helping me run errands and eating Five Guys with me. And we found the cutest stuffed animals we hope become the girls’ comfort items. My favorite stuffed animal, Puff Puff, wasn’t retired until I got married – I’m not even ashamed. So I’m hoping that Ellie and GiGi do the trick for my girls!
- First legit experience with Baby Brain. I straight up missed a doctor’s appointment, left the sunroof open in the rain and forgot an entire (important) conversation with Scott.
- Got three baby bellies together. My friends, Lauren and Jessie, are both pregnant right now and are both due (with one baby each) in October. Try not to compare our bellies too hard.
Life-long friends, starting the next chapter of life together. Obviously.
- I feel like I’m on display wherever I go. I do my best to not make eye contact with anyone. Note to all human beings: the only appropriate things to say to pregnant women: “You look wonderful!” “Can I open that door for you/pick up that item on the floor for you?” “Want a cookie?”
- I’m glad I did ballet because the only way to get anything located below my hips is doing a grand plié.
- Recently heard the line “Pregnancy is like a time bomb of responsibility” and it perfectly describes my life and state of mind.
- I can’t WAIT to dress up my little girls!!
- Craving: ice cold lemonade or peach iced tea and burgers
They will be here SO SOON! Any words of wisdom are appreciated 🙂