- Finally found out what we are having!!
- Had my first baby shower at my childhood home with lifelong friends and plenty of my second-mommas from childhood.
- Scott got in on the action during the Tutus or Touchdowns gender reveal, proudly showing off two little pink tutus! We are having two precious little girls!
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Scott felt the babies move for the first time.
- Babymoon in Palm Springs, CA!
- Lost my maternity bathing suit top over the balcony of our hotel. Proceed to cry, berate myself and need a nap to recover. Scott took me to a local mall to buy another top. Hormones are real.
- On the last day of vacation, our favorite band (Needtobreathe) released 2 new songs. I cried tears of happiness at how good the songs are. Again, hormones.
- I drank virgin margaritas daily, swam in the pool, read 3 books and got a maternity massage. Heaven.
- I got antsy to pick names. Scott finally asks for a deadline because “he works better with a deadline.” I gave him one week.
- Almost had an anxiety attack on a tramride to 8,000+ feet elevation on the top of Mt. San Jacinto. I’m pretty sure I convinced myself I was going to go into premature labor.
- Stood on a stump to get a picture next to the San Jacinto sign. An older momma yelled at me to be careful.
- I was one of “those” people on the airplane, walking the aisles for my circulation.
- Scott’s one week name deadline is up! He came to the table with two well thought out, pretty names. I was so impressed. We picked first names and then when I said it was time to talk full/middle names, I was informed that was not part of his original assignment. He needed a new deadline. I was basically in agony.
- Two baby firsts, including:
- First Newport trip
- First celebrity sighting: Robert Redford
- We went back to where it all started – Castle Hill Inn. Had a very full circle moment. I walked up that driveway and saw Scott for the first time. Ever. And now we’re married and having two daughters.
- Craving = Stuffies aka Stuffed Quahogs aka deliciousness you need to try if you are ever in Newport.
- I can now see the girls’ movements from the outside. I even captured it on video. It gives Scott the heebie jeebies.
- My little sister got engaged!
- Prince, the musical icon and my cat’s namesake, passes away. I played Purple Rain into my stomach for the girls.
- Scott went to the Bruce Springsteen concert in Brooklyn. I gave up a ticket to this show because I knew I’d be too big and uncomfortable. When I dropped Scott off, he casually said, “What if Bruce plays a Prince cover and you decided not to go to the concert?” I may have freaked out a bit.
- Bruce OPENED HIS SHOW WITH PURPLE RAIN. This is my life. Luckily, I had given Scott explicit instructions that if this happened, he was to record the entire song, not just a clip. We watched it over coffee the next morning.
- Craving = milk. It manifests in craving oreos, cereal and peanut butter.
- I’m going to the doctor weekly and continually getting wonderful reports. The girls are each on track with singleton babies. It blows my mind.
- According to Scott, I have an “unwillingness” to accept that I need to move slower.
- I get out of breath. Frequently. And sometimes my heart pumps like I’m running, even if I am laying down.
- I feel like I’m doing an impression of an overturned turtle when I get out of bed.
- Sitting hurts my back, making work, the couch and car rides over 7 minutes very uncomfortable.
- We scheduled our c-section. We are less than 2 months away! Gah!
- (How am I going to grow for two more months??)