Life has been a roller coaster over the past 6 months (2-3 years really). Blogging has slowed way down but I really want to document my pregnancy and this joyful part of our lives. And I want to share with family/friend/anyone that cares to read this! So here is my recap of roughly the first half of my pregnancy with my precious twin babies.
- My pants still zipped.
- We hadn’t told ANYONE yet.
- I had started to feel twinges of nausea and pregnancy symptoms. But I felt pretty good overall. I was counting my lucky stars for no morning sickness.
- No real cravings, other than FOOD. I kept saying, “I haven’t done anything to warrant being this hungry.” Scott always gave me a look and said, “You’re growing two humans.” It just didn’t feel real yet.
- Frank Beamer’s last home game. Won in overtime against North Carolina. Go Hokies!
- Last Christmas before we become a family of four!
- I used a hair tie to hold my pants up (but was anxious to try my newly purchased belly band and Target maternity jeans).
- Had told both of our families and close friends.
- Got 3 high fives per touchdown (one for me, one per baby) during the VT bowl game on 12/26.
- Exclusively used the “Virginia Tech Mom” and “Virginia Tech Dad” mugs during our stay at my parents house.
- Got nauseous if I didn’t eat basically once an hour.
- Felt like I was hungover every morning (this was the extent of my morning sickness – not nausea but tired/dehydrated/hungry).
- Scott’s 31st Birthday! Celebrated with friends, old and new from near and far.
- Hosted a New Years Eve gathering. I prepared by fighting with Scott because I was cranky from a week-long headache (no Advil for pregnant women!?) followed by crying in Scott’s lap because I was so happy. Scott prepared by hanging out (hiding) in the basement and riding the hormonal waves of his wife.
- My 30th Birthday!
- I squeezed myself into the pretty tulle skirt I bought pre-pregnancy.
- Still felt hungover every morning.
- The Bump had popped!
- Scott and I saw our babies looking like babies (not beans) for the first time at our 12 week ultrasound appointment on my actual birthday. After a broken ultrasound machine and a rush to the hospital, we got to watch our babies move and kick onscreen for a good 45 minutes! One was nicknamed “The Kicker” aka The Scott Twin. The other was much more laid back, aka The Rebecca Twin. Yes, I am laid back in this equation.
- We officially passed into the “safe” zone and made the big announcement to the world (Instagram and Facebook).
- Officially out of the first trimester.
- Started to feel less hungover each morning.
- Everybody knew and it was so fun to talk about it.
Fifteen – Sixteen Weeks
- Life started to feel ‘normal’ again.
- I often commented that I hadn’t realized how bad I felt during the first trimester until now – I felt so much better than I had for the past 3+ months. But I still think I got it easy overall.
- Forget to do official pictures with the good camera, but I snapped a little something weekly for mom.
- Craving=chocolate cake.
- Feeling good!
- Went on 2 mile hike with Scott. Get shell-shocked at the difference in my 16 week picture and this one. I believe I said, “Why didn’t anyone tell me!?”
- Took advantage of the unseasonal warm weather (and my new pink Hunter boots) at the beach.
- Was getting seriously anxious to start setting up the nursery, but had to wait until we found out what we were having!!
- At this point, I haven’t worn pants that zip in months. Elastic is my friend and there are usually at least 3 layers of clothing over the belly at any given time.
- Prince has to make accommodations for the new shape of my lap.
- Still craving = chocolate cake.
So there you have it- the first half of my pregnancy! Back with more soon!